Monday, 5 May 2014

A Little Better...

What did I do last night? I can barely remember, as my head is still feeling like it may float off at any minute.
Oh yeah. It was good to get a phone call from my wife around 9pm, as this made me feel a little better. She said I should eat something, and although I thought it was too late to be eating, I threw something together anyway and felt a bit better for it.
I wasn't really that tired, (I had been sleeping all day, remember) so I thought I'd take the laptop to bed and do a little gaming on it, to totally switch my brain off. I decided to install a classic RPG (Role Playing Game) called Diablo II. And after much messing around trying to get it to work properly with a third party custom resolution modifier (basically, some software that you configure to force the game to run at a higher resolution that it was designed to run at, in this case 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high), I got it running at my laptop's native resolution of 1440 x 900. Result. Start game, mindless hack and slash with feelings of nostalgia :)
I'm a gaming g33k and I don't care :P
If there's one thing that helps me take my mind off things, it's tweaking with my computers. Most people hate the things and would sooner give it to someone else to fix, but as I have always fixed and built my own by teaching myself (the best, and cheapest way!) since 1998, I love to get stuck in; sometimes I'm like a dog with a bone and will not leave it until it's fixed.
But it provides some focus if I'm not feeling too great mentally. And although my session with my therapist the other day went really well, the over-sight of missing my dose of 'happy pills' kinda messed me up. It's silly that it should. The drugs take around 4 - 6 weeks to really do their work, so I find it strange that missing a dose can affect one so easily. But that's the nature of them, I guess. So consequently, I now have set a daily alarm at 10pm, reminding me to take them. A good idea, methinks.
I've also been working on my other blog "Two wheels, Two Feet and a Camera" after feedback from another blogger; instead of having reams of text on the landing page, there's a large header image, with smaller images underneath linking to my posts and as it's a photography blog, it makes sense. I will be customising it further when I can afford to pay the fee of $17 per year.
I write this still feel pretty light headed; it's a horrible feeling, mixed in with a little nausea and a bile taste in my mouth. From what? I wish I knew, as I haven't had any painkillers today which can often give me that horrible taste. This is also interspersed with that nasty, hacking cough.

Anyway, my wife is home tonight, just for a flying visit then she's away again tomorrow, so I'll look forward to that.

I just hope that I can wake up tomorrow feeling better, as I'm really missing getting out on my bike. It just pisses me off that whenever I get even a minor cold, it lasts so much longer than it should.
I don't think I'll be out on the Wednesday evening club run :(

No comments:

Post a Comment